Ninja Legend's Testing Site
Some things for staff.  Are_yo10

Welcome to the site! Hope you find everything for all your RPing needs.
Some things for staff.  Are_yo10

Welcome to the site! Hope you find everything for all your RPing needs.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Control Panel
Your profile
Information
Preference
Signature

Social
Friends and Foes
Memberlist Groups

Private messages
Inbox
Sent

Other
Topic is being watched
Latest topics
» Huston we have a problem....
Some things for staff.  EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 1:51 pm by Kyouki

» Pokemon: Rise of the Shadow
Some things for staff.  EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 9:19 am by uzuchia

» Clan Classes
Some things for staff.  EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 8:08 pm by Giotto

» The Master Assassin [Kiri Jounin, awaiting RP sample]
Some things for staff.  EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 5:59 am by Tabris

» Kaji's first steps into the world of the samurai
Some things for staff.  EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 8:42 pm by Kyouki

» Kagejiro's puppet training
Some things for staff.  EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 11:12 pm by Kagejiro

» Sky Realm Academy | Live The Future..
Some things for staff.  EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 1:21 pm by Kira

» Shattered Seal [Affiliate]
Some things for staff.  EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 11:56 am by SS Admin

» Custom techs
Some things for staff.  EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 11:05 pm by Tabris

Top posting users this week
No user
Affiliates
Our Button:
Some things for staff.  Nraffi10

Our Affiliates:
Some things for staff.  1123334480
Some things for staff.  NRPG2
Some things for staff.  SDaffiliatebutton
Some things for staff.  Btb8lj1308274777
Some things for staff.  Nrpbutton
Donations
Some things for staff.  1165076257
Click for more info
Please Donate

$1 = 50 points

All money is secure and 100% of all donations go to the site
PM Noctis after donations are made in order to claim points.

Credits
Credits:

Forum© Forumotion.com. Site Theme by Respective owner/s. Site Layout by Respective Creators. Site Ideas by Staff. Sidebar Creation by Respective Members. Sidebar Works by DCP. Sidebar Title Style by Respective Members. Characters and Posts by Respective owner/s. Naruto© Masashi Kishimoto

Any posts, ideas and suggestions from this site are considered work of the respective members. Please, respect the work done and give credit accordingly.
Protest
Stop Censorship

Some things for staff.

Go down 
+3
Drake
Ori-san
Lord Victus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord Victus
Jounin
Jounin
Lord Victus

Male TP : 269

Ninja Profile
Main Class: Assassin
Secondary Class: Tank
Sensei:

Some things for staff.  Empty
PostSubject: Some things for staff.    Some things for staff.  EmptyTue May 17, 2011 3:48 pm

Ok, I bet you are wondering about everything that I have done to you for the past few weeks. It was a test. I tested your ability to handle pressure, I tested your ability to respond to problems, and most importantly I tested your ability to work together.

Needless to say, you all have failed one of two of these categories. I am not pointing fingers or saying any names. But the point I am trying to make is that I have failed you. Obviously, what I am doing to unite you is not working, so tell me what you would like to do, what you don't like, and how we would solve this problem. Riddle me this. Speak to me. Communicate with me and the rest of the staff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.narutorequiem.org
Ori-san
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Ori-san

TP : 0

Ninja Profile
Main Class: Seal Master
Secondary Class: Cleaner
Sensei:

PostSubject: Re: Some things for staff.    Some things for staff.  EmptyTue May 17, 2011 3:57 pm

I've come to wonder and watch. We've been losing some good staff because of some of these problems that have arisen. It makes me wonder about a varying variable that has been seen through out the staff. It's a hard fact that has been proven by many. So I wonder this:

Should those who are on staff, WANT to be staff and WANT to work hard AS staff. Now I'm not "dissing" anyone or anything, I've come to see that at least a few people on staff do a lot of work, where as a few people only do what they want. Well, what if staff was comprised of people who WANTED to work and WANTED to work hard. I'd think staff would become more so able.

And finally, I have but a small suggestion. I've come up with a sort of specialized group. And this group was designed to hide among members and seek out information. This group I've dubbed, The Cabinet of Advisers. They are regular members who have but 1 special power. They are able to take such information as gained from people, and place it in a specially made forum where only they are able to see, minus staff. Perhaps that would be a route to see as a non-staff way.

If you wish more information on this specialized group, then please don't hesitate to ask.

Ser~
Back to top Go down
Drake
Chunin
Chunin
Drake

Male TP : 0

Ninja Profile
Main Class: Medical
Secondary Class: Tank
Sensei:

PostSubject: Re: Some things for staff.    Some things for staff.  EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:31 pm

I don't have aproblem wih any staff member. But I get more or less what you are trying to say Devin, but maybe its time to go more radical? If the soft approach isn't working then maybe a more blunt approach should be taken to this problem. The staff of this site are made to help out the members and each other. That's all I have to say on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Raigon
Legendary Sannin
Legendary Sannin
Raigon

Male TP : 0

Ninja Profile
Main Class:
Secondary Class:
Sensei:

PostSubject: Re: Some things for staff.    Some things for staff.  EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:33 pm

I want to be completely honest when I say that the right way to go with this and the way to not lose more staff members is for you, The Webmaster, to pm specific members without telling ANYONE else. When you pm them tell them to watch us and after a specified amount of time by you they will say who needs to go where, who should be in and who should be out. For too long we have made this site about what staff wants and have had bitching and moaning amongst us. It is time for the members, although not every member, to give real opinions and for you to act upon them bud. That is my thought on this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some things for staff.    Some things for staff.  EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:38 pm

Well I have a dumb idea that may not work, but hey it's an idea. Why not ask people what their strength and weaknesses are? Then they can work on what they excel in instead of stressing over stuff they don't know. That way people can work on the things they understand how to. Then if something is not covered find people who are willing to do it without a problem. If they don't know how then they can learn how through someone who knows how but doesn't like it

=3
like ex
Say Bonten would like to grade summonings but he doesn't know how, and say Saitou understands the summonings but just doesn't like approving/denying them Saitou could teach Bonten how via msn or something
that's another thing maybe we should have a list of everyone's msn so he can get acquainted with more than just our immediate friends like i only talk to thee other staffers outside of the site I don't know just take it or leave it that's my opinion
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some things for staff.    Some things for staff.  EmptyTue May 17, 2011 5:23 pm

I refuse to be spied on. Besides my only problem is being blatently disrespected and ignored by staff. I'm level sic but treared like level four. I'm sick of it.

Back to top Go down
Ori-san
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Ori-san

Ninja Profile
Sensei:

PostSubject: Re: Some things for staff.    Some things for staff.  EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:09 pm

Perhaps the problem is with "levels" of staff. Instead of levles, break it in ot sections of who does what. Like Deivii sort of said.

Like:

Site wide:

IC:

OOC:

Application :

Ability/Jutsu :

Updates:

Of course myself would be able to do Updates and Ability/Jutsu with little issue.
Back to top Go down
Peggior Incubo
Genin
Genin
Peggior Incubo

Ninja Profile
Main Class: Berserker
Secondary Class: Sensor
Sensei:

PostSubject: Re: Some things for staff.    Some things for staff.  EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:09 pm

Ok so this is what my input on this situation. is that when i was admin on the old site, yes i know the old site is old and this is new...but we did work before play, and we was always RP'ing all the time still...we was on top of our game all the time.

I think we should have certain staff assigned for certain things and if someone needs a app checked or something anyone can take it....and what you can do is make everyone post there strengths and weakness' like say I am good at Character apps and bad at Ability's Someone will do ability's and i would do char apps? just trying to help out, i think it would help

im just saying during the old site it was work before play and that worked perfectly...and besides everyone on staff now is getting along for the most part, and whoever has beef should get through it because it is making the staff system mess up worse....
Back to top Go down
Xin Li
Legendary Sannin
Legendary Sannin
Xin Li

Ninja Profile
Secondary Class: Vanguard
Sensei:

PostSubject: Re: Some things for staff.    Some things for staff.  EmptyTue May 17, 2011 7:09 pm

I am down with anything, but I think the problem may be the size of the staff. Its like what 9 of us managing. 30 members who make 2-5 threads. Each. When they ask us to do something its cause they want to rp or get on ic. They want it done as soon as possible, which isnt bad, but like everything to seem to have a time limit. There are some members who are extremely patient like Kayla or Tzura. Their apps will rest there for a week or two, and they kindly ask me to look at it. Now thats just bad. I think that could be because not all of us are on at the same time or ect, but I think the 1st come first serve rule is perfect because of this.
Back to top Go down
Ori-san
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Ori-san

Ninja Profile
Sensei:

PostSubject: Re: Some things for staff.    Some things for staff.  EmptyTue May 17, 2011 8:46 pm

Why do I feel like it's just what I said, and what Deivii said, reiterated O.o; lawl
Back to top Go down
Hana
Chunin
Chunin
Hana

Female TP : 0

Ninja Profile
Main Class: Summoner
Secondary Class: Illusionary
Sensei:

PostSubject: Re: Some things for staff.    Some things for staff.  EmptyTue May 17, 2011 8:49 pm

The size of the staff does not matter. In fact, with a smaller staff more work would be done for the site. All it takes is for some staff members to look through the site once a twice a week and everything will be perfectly fine.

And at the most part, I'm ignored, so, I rather not have, as Bobby stated "people spying on me". Its rude, bluntly put. But I do not mind a staff checkup everyone month or so. And staff being assigned certain jobs does not fulfill the "needs of the members". If you think about it, that job assigning thing never works out. Never.
Back to top Go down
Ori-san
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Ori-san

Ninja Profile
Sensei:

PostSubject: Re: Some things for staff.    Some things for staff.  EmptyTue May 17, 2011 9:01 pm

Then perhaps more lower levels and less higher levels. More 1s and less 3's etc..etc.. However, I say at least 3-4 lvl 6s.
Back to top Go down
Xin Li
Legendary Sannin
Legendary Sannin
Xin Li

Ninja Profile
Sensei:

PostSubject: Re: Some things for staff.    Some things for staff.  EmptyTue May 17, 2011 9:03 pm

I disagree more helping hands the better. Regardless of assigned this or that I am like Nike. Just Do It. I love helping people. If I can do it.
Back to top Go down
Hana
Chunin
Chunin
Hana

Ninja Profile
Sensei:

PostSubject: Re: Some things for staff.    Some things for staff.  EmptyTue May 17, 2011 9:15 pm

The bad things that comes out of a "large" staff are:

1. The thought of "Oh, there are a lot of staff and they keep approving/checking the things I was checking/was going to check. I guess I can't do anything."

2. Arguments between staff members that lags the site down because the Staff can not get along correctly.

3. A "large" staff leads to the members thinking that the Webmaster plays favorites or the members will challenge the staff.

---

And, having less level 6's is better. Its a ratio between members:mods:admins. Too many admins can lead to corruption of power. We are all human beings after all.
Back to top Go down
Ori-san
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Ori-san

Ninja Profile
Sensei:

PostSubject: Re: Some things for staff.    Some things for staff.  EmptyTue May 17, 2011 10:07 pm

Good argument. However, I tend to see that there should be at least a few people specialized in some things for reasons like what Peggio mentioned. Some people might be better at one thing and worse at another.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some things for staff.    Some things for staff.  EmptyWed May 18, 2011 1:35 am

The fact of the matter is this. THE ONLY people who need to keep tabs on the staff are me and devin. That is essentially are job. So the little hidden staff shit, thats not gonna happen.

The last time someone spied on my job, Aka Seryth, it nearly resulted in a massive massive argument. Because these people don't know what each staff member is allowed and not allowed to do. Some staff get other benefits because they are ordered to have them. Always for a good reason.

The only way Devin is gonna add more level Six people is if he kicks me from the staff. Its bad enough that I am undermined already. I don't need other people who can logically do so.

The size of the staff is irrelevant.

Speaking of staff. You all say "members need a say" well essentially staff are the "members" devin feels have a say in how the site is gonna operate. Duh. Or they would not be staff.

We need to bring back the 1/3 approval system. With each person approving and denying having at least two things the people need to change/fix and two things they like stated. Nothing can ever be perfect.

However you will not argue on someones thread, yet calmly debate the issue over msn about why you think something needs to be changed. Example: A likes the Members durations, but B thinks it needs to be upped. A and B can discuss why it must be changed calmy, and a compromise must be met.

I am also invoking something, if I see something you approved, and I dislike. Imma deny it. You guys let the other members get away with WAAAY to much.

No job assignments in my opinion. I think thats stupid. Really stupid. It puts to much pressure on the one person. Other sites have tried it, and Ive tried it on a few sites. Its really a waste of time.

There will always be that one member who tries to backtalk and challenge the will of the staff. Fuck that member. Because they are most likely some little kid who just wants to stir trouble for attention.

The main focus of the site is to allow for ALL its members to have a fun place to come hang out and roleplay some Naruto. This can not be fulfilled if people let petty shit effect them. If we have too. We outta close down the chatbox. If that happens to cause to much problems.

Many sites have thrived without it. Trust me on that one. Regardless that was my extreme option to stop the problems, and not my first. The fact of the matter is this. We, the staff, are the elected members of the site chosen to make sure it runs so everyone has fun. We must keep it fair, and must respect the rules and the restrictions granted to us along with the benefits.
Back to top Go down
Xin Li
Legendary Sannin
Legendary Sannin
Xin Li

Ninja Profile
Sensei:

PostSubject: Re: Some things for staff.    Some things for staff.  EmptyWed May 18, 2011 3:00 am

Ouroboros wrote:
The fact of the matter is this. THE ONLY people who need to keep tabs on the staff are me and devin. That is essentially are job. So the little hidden staff shit, thats not gonna happen.

The last time someone spied on my job, Aka Seryth, it nearly resulted in a massive massive argument. Because these people don't know what each staff member is allowed and not allowed to do. Some staff get other benefits because they are ordered to have them. Always for a good reason.

The only way Devin is gonna add more level Six people is if he kicks me from the staff. Its bad enough that I am undermined already. I don't need other people who can logically do so.

The size of the staff is irrelevant.

Speaking of staff. You all say "members need a say" well essentially staff are the "members" devin feels have a say in how the site is gonna operate. Duh. Or they would not be staff.

We need to bring back the 1/3 approval system. With each person approving and denying having at least two things the people need to change/fix and two things they like stated. Nothing can ever be perfect.

However you will not argue on someones thread, yet calmly debate the issue over msn about why you think something needs to be changed. Example: A likes the Members durations, but B thinks it needs to be upped. A and B can discuss why it must be changed calmy, and a compromise must be met.

I am also invoking something, if I see something you approved, and I dislike. Imma deny it. You guys let the other members get away with WAAAY to much.

No job assignments in my opinion. I think thats stupid. Really stupid. It puts to much pressure on the one person. Other sites have tried it, and Ive tried it on a few sites. Its really a waste of time.

There will always be that one member who tries to backtalk and challenge the will of the staff. Fuck that member. Because they are most likely some little kid who just wants to stir trouble for attention.

The main focus of the site is to allow for ALL its members to have a fun place to come hang out and roleplay some Naruto. This can not be fulfilled if people let petty shit effect them. If we have too. We outta close down the chatbox. If that happens to cause to much problems.

Many sites have thrived without it. Trust me on that one. Regardless that was my extreme option to stop the problems, and not my first. The fact of the matter is this. We, the staff, are the elected members of the site chosen to make sure it runs so everyone has fun. We must keep it fair, and must respect the rules and the restrictions granted to us along with the benefits.

The most illest gangsta logical statement I have seen O.O
Okay I'm done now, I can't argue with that Bonten out!
Back to top Go down
Hana
Chunin
Chunin
Hana

Ninja Profile
Sensei:

PostSubject: Re: Some things for staff.    Some things for staff.  EmptyWed May 18, 2011 5:45 am

Heh. I have nothing else to say~
Back to top Go down
Ori-san
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Ori-san

Ninja Profile
Sensei:

PostSubject: Re: Some things for staff.    Some things for staff.  EmptyWed May 18, 2011 1:01 pm

You might be misunderstanding what I'm saying. Allow me to elaborate then.

[quote='Bobby']
No job assignments in my opinion. I think thats stupid. Really stupid. It puts to much pressure on the one person. Other sites have tried it, and Ive tried it on a few sites. Its really a waste of time.[/quote]

That was not my intention. No 1 staff will be asigned 1 thing. No no no no, as you said, that causes trouble. For example on what I mean:

Deivii-Very good at applications and point deduction

Bonten-Becoming good at applications and point deduction

Myself- Fairly good at Abilities and jutsu and point deduction.

Kae-Good at pt ddct apps and abilities/jutsu and apps

So all three of us would do point deduction, while those two and Kae would do apps. and myself and Kae would do abilities.

Like that, not like you do this, you do this, you do that and you do that. That won't get things done correctly. And I like how level 4/5 are set up right now, by them doing pt ddct mainly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some things for staff.    Some things for staff.  EmptyWed May 18, 2011 1:02 pm

That would give you "ding ding ding" access to the admin panel. Not your job. Just leave it to the level fives
Back to top Go down
Ori-san
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Ori-san

Ninja Profile
Sensei:

PostSubject: Re: Some things for staff.    Some things for staff.  EmptyWed May 18, 2011 1:04 pm

Again, it was an EXAMPLE. You know, a this would be like this if it were this. I'm not saying give me access to the admin panel. It was an EXAMPLE.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some things for staff.    Some things for staff.  EmptyWed May 18, 2011 1:05 pm

I know. But for all examples, a possible outcome must be presented. That was my outcome. And That was why I was saying its not going to happen. We are not just stating ideas here. We are trying to fix the site. So you can not get defensive when I comment upon your idea.
Back to top Go down
Ori-san
Special Jounin
Special Jounin
Ori-san

Ninja Profile
Sensei:

PostSubject: Re: Some things for staff.    Some things for staff.  EmptyWed May 18, 2011 1:12 pm

lawl, that was not commenting, that was just down right mean. And alright, you want a more realistic example, fine, try this:

~Level 6~
Kira
Bobby
~Level 5~
Aisu-good at apps/pt ddct/pretty much anything he does
Saitou-good at pretty much everything he does
~Level 4~
Bonten-stated above
Zodiac-Same as bonten
Deivii-Stated above
~Level 3~
Raigon-Good with apps, abilities, jutsu, pretty much a Saitou
~Level 2~
Osiris-Haven't known him long enough so I won't place him in the example atm
Seryth-well I'm just going to leave myself out since it causes problems
Hana-Good at approving things and mostly anything she does.
~Level 1~
Well no one here so, yea can't use them lawl

Anyway, so here's my next EXAMPLE per Bobby's request to be realistic.

Code:

Pt ddct-
Basically, levels 4-6

Applications-
Everyone who's good with them, like Deivii, Bonten, Kae, Hana, etc..etc..

Like that. Simple and easy, also, everyone is put in to what they like so no fusses are made.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some things for staff.    Some things for staff.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Some things for staff.
Page 1 of 1